Communication & Marketing
Strategic Ocean Solutions’ Communications team works with clients to increase awareness of environmental and policy initiatives. Our communications experts use traditional and social media strategies to build environmental communications campaigns that bring broad exposure of complex environmental issues to the media, policymakers, stakeholders and the general public. We tailor long-term environmental communications and marketing campaigns that support new and ongoing efforts to protect, restore and sustain the environment.
Our Services Include:
- Environmental Communications and Marketing Plans
Our team builds comprehensive communications and marketing plans and social media campaigns that effectively deliver our client’s message and brand to a broad and diverse audience beyond the traditional environmental community.
- Media Relations and News Monitoring
SOS has established relationships with journalists covering science and environmental issues worldwide. Our team has built a reputation as a trusted go-to source for journalists seeking experts and our clients are frequently quoted in the media during emerging news stories that involve scientific expertise or environmental conservation perspective.
- We work with clients to build tailored media strategies that reach the target audience through coordinated media pitches, interviews and social media efforts. In addition, we offer continuous media-relations support to coordinate news interviews, on-site coordination of press conferences and media junkets, media monitoring of local, regional and national media outlets and multimedia press kits and online newsrooms.
- SOS writes and distributes news and information to targeted media contacts. These communications materials include audio and video news releases, media advisories and announcements, Op-Eds, fact sheets, photo releases, tip sheets and website content.
- Social Media
SOS works with clients to enhance online visibility using the latest online communications strategies, including blogs, video and audio news features, webisodes, photo storytelling, and social networking. We build web-based portals that disseminate conservation messages and achievements through compelling multimedia stories using high-quality video and image galleries.
- Communications and Outreach Materials
- From start to finish, the SOS team works with each client to develop visually inspiring communications and outreach products that are tailored to a specific audience and need. From brochures, flyers and one-pagers to annual reports, executive summaries and case statements, our team will help find your unique voice and tell your environmental story in a compelling way.
- Science Writing and Speech Writing
SOS employs skilled writers with a deep understanding of complex science and policy issues in order to deliver compelling multimedia stories for our clients. Our team can write environmental-related feature stories based upon peer-reviewed science studies.
- Communications Training
SOS offers tailored communications training for scientists, resource managers, and organization spokespersons to effectively deliver environmental-related news and information to the media and decision-makers.
- Community Relations
To build community support, SOS will assess public opinion for your environmental initiative and tailor a public outreach campaign that address issues and concerns with fact-based messaging to correct public misinterpretation.